Friday, September 17, 2010

Morning sky

Check out this beautiful sky that was smiling down at me while I drove to work this morning!
I was literally driving down 23rd street with my camera on my dashboard, shooting random pictures of the sky out my windshield *laughs* It was so rich and full and astonishing. I just couldn't resist capturing it on film!

It's funny how often I find myself looking at the sky. For example, when we're driving up to Kansas for a visit, I often notice there isn't a single cloud in the big blue sky and I start singing the Kansas State song "Oh give me a home...where the buffalo roam...." "and the skies are not cloudy all day". Isn't that crazy!?

Kenny just looks over a smiles his heart melting smile...

I notice the purply orange hues that come just as the sun is starting to set...

And the dark omnious clouds billowing in when a storm is coming...

Or even at night, I cannot walk out side with out looking up and gazing in wonder at the stars twinkling back at me.

And, each and every time I look at the sky, mouth open in awe I think about the fact that God painted that sky and put that wonder in my heart to think of Him every time I see it. Oh how He loves you and me!
I can't help but notice how that telephone pole makes a perfect cross in the bottom of this picture too *grins*

No comments: