Thursday, August 20, 2009

Garage Sale

Whew! Just looking at these pictures reminds me of all the hard work that went into this garage sale *grins* Kenny and I got started almost two weeks ahead of time getting the garage all cleaned out and getting price tags on EVERYTHING!
That is a bigger chore than it sounds like. We had a lot of large furniture pieces, but we also had a TON (I'm talking a million billion) of small things to price....that is where the work comes in. Cleaning them off, making them shiny, deciding on a price, sorting them out on tables, all that work!
But, we are so thankful, it turned out to be a GREAT sale and we made a lot of money which will come in so handy with our remodeling projects.
We had the garage sale on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and were up and moving by about 4:30 in the morning every day getting things set up and ready for business. Dad and Mom came over and met us by about 5:00am and Dad brought two huge canopies to block the sun (and a crazy rain downpour on Thursday *laughs*) and we all got to workout our leg and back muscles to the extreme carrying out recliner chairs, a couch, beds and dressers, whew!
I don't know what we would have done without Mom and Dad to help hold down the fort. And Kenny was such a trooper! I took off for work by nine everyday except Saturday, but he had to stay and haggle with the buyers *grins* I'm so thankful for this sweet man!
Here are some of our lovely blue dishes...
and Hummel figurines...
Honestly, we were just thankful to get some of this stuff cleared out of our house! And we owe a big Thank You from the bottom of our hearts to Mom and Dad for being our sale buddies for the week! We love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! It makes me tired just to look at the pictures, although Kenny and Dad did most of the work. I'm glad it's over but we need to have one at our house now. I don't know it is a lot of work. I hate the pricing part.
MoM