Thursday, April 22, 2010

Five on Thursday

1. I am absolutely in love with this weather! The sunshine, the low 70 degree temperatures, the lush green grass and bright spring flowers just popping out to greet the world. It IS heaven on earth to me! Here are some of my pansies on my back patio *grins*2. Kenny and I had a crack up fest last night, trying to pronounce the word facetious... FAH SEE SHUS *giggles* we kept saying fa she shush! Then that made me think of all the fun old tongue twisters! She sells sea shells by the seashore, or can you say Peggy Babcock three times fast!? I can barely say it once!

3. Earlier this month I bought some yard signs for my boss and the store gave me a coupon for two free trees in honor of Earth Day. I kind of assumed they would be ten inches tall, or poison sumac *laughs* they are free after all. So I called to get some more information and found out that they would be six feet tall and Redbud and Maple trees! wow!!

So, yesterday my sweet sweet Daddy went with me to pick up the trees. He had hitched up his trailer so we could haul them easily. The store ended up with Oak and Maple trees (no redbuds), so we got one of each. I have since discovered they are willow oak and scarlett red maple trees. I'm pretty excited about the maple tree. It should look like this in the fall...4. I have got some serious travel fever *laughs* we didn't go on a Spring Break trip this year, so it's been quite a while since our last real vacation. Something about this time of my life (ever since college really) I just have the urge to see the world! But as a less expensive option we're seeing the United States *grins* We have a couple different trips thought up in our heads, but the only one we have booked is a glorious trip to Yosemite National Park along with my Mom and Dad in May! Oh boy I am sooooo excited!!
5. We got a brand new king sized bed about two weeks ago and I still cannot believe how big it is! (We were sleeping in a queen sized bed). A king is supposedly sixteen inches wider than a queen, but I am telling you, it has got to be at least three feet wider! I need a sound cone to shout over to Kenny's side *laughs* But it is super comfortable and so nice, we are enjoying it.

1 comment:

Neil and Julie said...

Wow your pansies look great! I need to post some pictures of our back yard soon. Have you gotten bedding for your king size bed yet?