Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day!!

Kenny and I had a wonderful Christmas morning. We got up bright and early to run downstairs and open gifts with Kenny's Mom and Dad. They have a BEAUTIFUL Christmas tree. It's really tall and extends up right beside the stairs, beautiful elegant white lights and such fun ornaments. I picked out a few that Kenny had made when he was a kid-o....SO cute!

We had such a fun time taking turns opening presents. I got some awesome photo frames and a whole big basket full of fabulous kitchen stuff that I was longing for! They also got us an adorable Snowman night light that the bulbs flicker like candle light, I just love it! It is particularly special because they bought it for us while we were all in Colorado for the 4th of July!

Kenny got some great clothes he had been wanting along with a jump rope and stopwatch (he's so energetic!) They also got us the gorgeous dark wood tv trays we had on our wedding registry! I know we will put those to great use!!

After our Christmas morning events Kenny and I got ready and went into Topeka to pick up Grandma and Nana to come over for Christmas Dinner with the whole family. They are both such special ladies. I absolutely LOVE spending time with them! Jeff and Jessica and Alex and Olivia came over and we got to exchange gifts with them too! Kenny and Jeff both got an awesome gift from their Mom and Dad, and ACTUAL piece of the wood floor where the Kansas Jayhawks won the national championship basketball game this year! It is so cool!!

We all had a grand time! I got to hang out with Olivia more and we did the "stamp dance" together *grins* basically on the count of three you leap as far as you can over the couch cushions, which have been specially lined up on the ground. It was so fun, but I'm sure Alex (who was in the basement at the time) thought we were having an earthquake! ;)

Every year that I get older I realise just how special it is to spend time with family. I am SO thankful for the family that I have and for the new family that I am now a part of!

No comments: