Monday, December 29, 2008

OUR Christmas ;)

It is a special tradition for Kenny and I to exchange our gifts to each other at home privately. Not meant to be rude or secretive, it's just something special to us. It feels like we really get to focus on each other and soak up each gift that way ;)

So, after driving back from Kansas on December 26th we decided to have "our" Christmas the next morning. We woke up surprisingly early and while I was brushing my teeth Kenny snuck into the living room and lit a bunch of candles all over, made sure the lights on the tree were turned on, put on a CD of Christmas music he had burned for me, and he had the video camera rolling as I peeked around the corner and got the full effect. He's so sweet! I just love all the little ways that he shows that he loves me!We took turns opening gift after gift and ooohhed and ahhhed over each one! Kenny got me some sketching pads and oil pastels, a huge case of GLORIOUS Lancome makeup, two fun new board games, a beautiful silver heart Christmas tree ornament (to commemorate our first Christmas), and..... A Wii along with four games!!!!! I was SO excited when I opened it! I know I must have been going on and on for months about how they were sold out in all the stores and not exactly hinting that I wanted one, but he must have known "some how" ;) One of the games he got me was Mario Cart and it has amazing little steering wheels, it feels like you are actually driving a car!

I got Kenny some new clothes, a few DVD's and CD's that he's been wanting, and an XBox 360! I think he was pretty surprised and VERY excited!

We are quite the gamers now all of a sudden, *grins*. Needless to say we spent a lot of that day playing our new games systems and board games! It was such a spectacularly fun day!

I certainly didn't take enough photographs of our little Christmas, I think I was just so excited and caught up in the moment that I completely forgot to take any, but we got a lot of video and I know we will enjoy "reliving" it all one day.

No comments: