Monday, March 29, 2010

Blue skies, smilin' at me

Last Thursday Kenny coached his first baseball game of the season. It was such a beautiful day, just thrilling to be outside in the sunshine *grins*
After coaching three sports, Soccer, Basketball and Baseball for several years Kenny decided this year he would just focus on Soccer and spend his extra time at home with me (yay!). Well.....the baseball coach who was taking over this year had an accident during practice, a lone ball hit him in the face and he was away from school for several weeks! Poor guy!
Kenny agreeably said he would fill in until the regular coach could come back, so I get the pleasure of watching my cute hubby lead the baseball team again this year *grins*

(here he is warming up with the guys)

This game was scheduled on a high school baseball field. Lush green grass, soft dirt to slide in and an actual pitchers mound! The titans got to warm up for about forty five minutes just waiting on the other team to get there....apparently they had some bus issues.
We weren't sure they were going to get to have a game, but the umpire finally showed up and the other team wasn't far behind.
Here is Kenny talking to the umpire. I'm almost certain, by reading their lips that this is how the conversation went...

Umpire: who is that amazing woman up there in the stands behind your team!?
Kenny: well sir, that is my phenomenally gorgeous wife!

Umpire: wow! She is just radiant, look at her hair cascading in the breeze!
Kenny: I know, and you should taste her cooking, simply the best!

okay, okay, maybe they were discussing March Madness and the basketball games, but I'm pretty sure that they were thinking about me. *laughs*

Once the other team showed up the game got underway. Kenny got to try out a couple different pitchers. They were all working so hard, trying their best!
It was a great game! We lost at the end of the final inning, but it was a good start to the season, getting ready for the next big game!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I'm sure that is how the conversation went...

Anonymous said...

You have such a wild imagination!! I'm sure that is how the conversation went ....or it might be "How's you mother-in-law? I hear she is wonderful." "I agree"

Love you both.
MoM