Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas!

Do you know what one of my very favorite things about Christmas is...? Spending time with family. I'm glad that we get to spend time with Kenny's family and so very thankful that my sweet family can postpone our Christmas celebration and still celebrate Christmas together on New Years Day!
Look at these beautiful sisters I get to share my Christmas with!!

We all gathered together at my Mom and Dad's and had a lovely house full. For the past few years we've made it a tradition to wear our pajamas all day long as we open presents, eat and play games. It's super comfortable and makes it feel like the good old days of jumping out of bed the second you wake up and running down the hall to open gifts on Christmas morning.
Look at Bryce and Griffin's cutsey matching jammies! They had sweet little monkeys all over them *grins*
Here are my Dad and Mom in front of the Christmas tree. They got a good deal on a real tree this year, that was a yummy smelling treat!
Kenny and I wore some fun and Christmasy Charlie Brown PJ's *laughs*
We're always glad when Neil and Julie get to come visit from Missouri, another added bonus to our New Years Christmas celebration.
And this is my youngest sister Lori and Matt, her sweet boyfriend.
Oh we had a grand time opening presents. We always take turns, youngest to oldest, opening one gift at a time, oohing and aahing and enjoying each and every gift. It it so special to see the facial expressions and know that the recipient just loves what you got them!


Here's Dad opening a gift, I betcha it was a sweet treat like some Reisen candies, those always make him grin *winks*Mom's got her hands full with her favorite gift! Aren't they both so cute. I can remember last Christmas when Bart and Lisa announced that Bryce would have a baby brother....and here he is! I can't imagine life without sweet Griffin *grins*
Kenny and I got Bart a fun gift. Kenny found and bought some autographed and game used Jason White (Former quarterback for OU) football cards and we framed them for him. He's a huge OU fan as well as an alumni! Julie got a great rolling pin and wonderful nut chopper. I bet she'll be making some yummy treats with both of those! Here's beautiful Lori, smiling away...

You can't beat this expression on Bryce's face! Pure joy! He got a dancing talking dump truck from Grandma and Ha-ah (Grandpa)Griffin even got in on the present opening....can you see his sweet little hand pulling that paper off!

One of the Son-in-law's highlights of the evening was when my Dad took them out in his garage to give them one of their gifts...
These amazing hand made work benches! They are such a treasure. My Dad made them for each of his son-in-laws and the bench tops are extra special. They are the actual work bench tops from where he began his career at Western Electric when he was a young man and worked there all the way to becoming a Senior Engineer to retirement! Wow! Talk about a keepsake. I think it is too beautiful for the garage. We'll have to put it in our kitchen or dining room! *winks*

We finished off the evening with a ton of delicious food and just had a wonderful holiday celebration! I am so thankful for my precious family.

2 comments:

Neil and Julie said...

Very fun! I love that picture of mom and Griffin. Also, in the family picture, what is happening with my legs? They are like a thousand feet long! It looks soo weird! haha

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time together. I loved all my gifts. Hope you all did too. I think the workbenches turned out beautiful. Your Dad does such good work.
MoM