Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dashing through the snow

That wild and crazy onslaught of snow, also known as The Blizzard of '09, made traveling pretty difficult....unless you're traveling by sled! *grins*
Kenny and I had a hysterical time on several different days sledding and frolicking through the snow. His Mom and Dad live sort of out in the country on a nice big area of land with trees and hills and it just makes for the perfect place to sled....except you have to make sure and stop before you go off the ledge that leads to the creek!
Can you see those enormous snow flakes!?! I just couldn't believe my eyes the entire week! We bundled up in multiple layers of clothes, I was actually wearing three pairs of pants! wow! And Kenny discovered these amazing yellow fire fighter pants in his Dad's closet. They were water proof and just fantastic!
I got to borrow Cecilia's amazing snow boots, wear a warm yellow hat and these amazing goretex mittens (that's right, no fingers!) and a red ski mask to keep my face warm. It worked like a charm and I only slightly resembled Hannibal Lecter *laughs*
Oh we had a blast! I could have stayed out there all day long *grins* Look at this picture below, I was up to my knees in several places wow!
On the side of the house where the snow had drifted the most, it was about four feet high. We couldn't even walk through it! We had to lift our bodies up on top of the snow and belly crawl it was so deep!
Here's a couple videos so you'll feel like you were there with us! *laughs*


Hope you had as much fun as we did!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had fun watching you have fun, but I think I'll just stay inside.
MoM