Friday, October 10, 2008

Hardwood Floors! Yay!

Do you know what I discovered my sweet hubby doing on Mondy night when I got home from the grocery store!?

He was ripping up carpet in the living room. We had discovered a few months ago that there were beautiful hardwood floors under the carpet in our informal living room. We'd been wanting to take the carpet up for a while and since it was "big trash day" for the garbage men he just decided to go ahead and do it! He's so great, always surprising me with stuff like that. He's also ripped down TONS of wallpaper, taken off wainscoting, and painted the living room, put in a flagstone patio area under our hammock, and so much more without me being there. I'm so thankful for Kenny and his "get it done" attitude ;) I'd never get anything done without him!

We were overjoyed with the condition they were in once the carpet was off. I was so afraid there would be pieces missing or stains, etc. but no, they're almost in perfect condition, no scratches or anything. We'll probably just need to buff them and maybe wax or polish! :D YAY!

Anyway, just thought I'd post a few pictures of his hard work.

No comments: