Monday, October 20, 2008

Springfield, Missouri!

Wow-o-wow, we had such a great time in Springfield visiting Neil and Julie!

Since Kenny was already there, gone camping with Neil for Fall Break, Lori and I rode to Missouri with Julie. We had a fun four hour drive just talking and laughing non-stop. Apparently the camping trip was pretty cold, so the boys came home a day early. They actually beat us to the apartment and were there waiting for us when we got there. Yay, I was excited to see Kenny!

Julie and Neil's apartment is so beautiful. Everything looks so new and fresh. They have high arched ceilings which probably makes Neil feel more comfortable ;) The colors are great and I love all their pictures and candles and decor. It really suits them!

Julie, Lori and I planned on having a girls shopping day, so the boys decided to go see a movie and watch some football on Saturday. We really had a fun shop-a-thon day! We went to TJ Maxx and Marshalls (found some GREAT deals on sweaters!) and a discount shoe store that had some amazing deals! I got some new brown heels that are ever so comfortable! We also went to a store call the handbag and jewelry warehouse (so neat!) Julie and I got matching purses ;) Mine is black and hers is brown.

We were starting to get hungry by this time so we met up with the boys and had a yummy hamburger lunch at Fudruckers! They have really great onion rings if you ever go. After lunch we girls went to go see a huge Bass Pro Shop! They had beautiful waterfalls and fish and ducks and animals all over the place! We took a bunch of pictures there, people probably thought we were a little crazy ;) but... I guess we kind of are *grins*

Julie wanted us to get to taste a Springfield treat, so on the way back to the apartment we stopped and got Andy's Custard (oh wow, SO good!) It's made fresh EVERY hour, and you can really tell, it's SO tasty!

Once we got back to the apartment we girls did manicures and pedicures while the boys finished watching their football and just had a great time catching up.

Sunday morning we got to visit Neil and Julie's church, First Church of God in Springfield, and hear them sing and Neil lead worship. It is such a special church. Not too big and not too small. All the people were so friendly, and they knew the moment we walked in that we were Julie's sisters, *grins* "Oh, you MUST be related to Julie, you look just like her!". The music was GREAT, Neil and Julie just belong together!
After church we all went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday. We actually ran into Julie's new bosses there. She's starting a new job today and they just happened to be eating lunch there too. They seemed like really sweet people. I'm sure she'll enjoy working with them.

After lunch we all said our goodbye's and Kenny, Lori and I headed back to Oklahoma.

We had such a wonderful time, I can't wait to go back again soon! I am TRULY blessed to have such a wonderful family, my sisters, my brother in laws, my husband, I don't deserve any of them. Thank you Lord for placing them all in my life!

No comments: