Monday, February 22, 2010

Fear the Beard!

As part of Kenny's valentines present I got him two tickets to the Kansas State vs. OU basketball game. I tried to get some closer seats as a special treat and boy, we were so excited to go!

I have to admit, I've been completely converted to a Kansas fan when it comes to basketball. Maybe because we watch so many of the games, or because I know all the players on the K-State team, or because of the intensity of their coach, Frank Martin, but those guys sure do play with heart and I like that!
One of their star players, Jacob Pullen (above) grew a beard at the start of the season this year and since they have had such a great season the fans have attributed it to the facial hair *laughs*...
There is even an awesome slogan "fear the beard", so you just know I begged Kenny to not shave until after the game *grins* His fear the beard beard growth was only for about six days, but still, we were supporting the idea right!?
Just kidding *winks* Here's his real "beard"
We had such a grand time, even the drive down to Norman was a fun time to just talk and get excited about some college basketball!
Here is the warm up, I was giddy with glee recognising the players and pointing them out to Kenny..."oh look! There's Clemente, and Pullen! Oh, oh...there's McGruder...MCGRUDER!" Kenny just smiled and nodded, enjoying my excitement.
Our seats ended up being really great, we could see the players and hear them yelling out there on the court.
Boy, the OU crowd is sure loud and they were playing strong for the entire first half but we out played them in the second half and won the game!
Way to go Wildcats! I can't wait to see you play again soon! *grins*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you traitor Karen! come back to Oklahoma.
MoM

Anonymous said...

Karen's a smart girl.

Go Jayhawsk and Wildcats.

Cecilia