Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving!

Well, Kenny and I had a fabulously fun and thankful Thanksgiving. My wonderful boss gave me Thursday AND Friday off and let me leave on Wednesday at 4:00. Kenny had dropped me off at work that morning so he just loaded up our bags and picked me up at 4:00 and we were on our way.

It's about a four hour drive up to Topeka. Plenty of time to talk and laugh and enjoy time with my Hubby! We're always reading together. Right now we're reading "A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity", an autobiography of Bill O'Reilly. It is actually quite interesting and makes me laugh out loud. So, I (not being the driver) read several chapters out loud for us ;)
We got to Kenny's Mom and Dad's house about 8:30 and they had Taco Villa (Kenny's favorite) burritos and chips and queso waiting for us! Yummy!

Thursday morning, Thanksgiving, we woke up bright and early and I tried my best to help Cecilia with cooking and cleaning and all the prep work she was doing. Then Kenny and I drove into Topeka to pick up Kenny's Nana. She is so sweet and always so excited to see us. I just love her!

We got back to Kenny's Mom and Dad's just in time to meet up with Uncle Gary and Aunt Linda who were dropping off his Grandma. They are all such sweet people!

Well, we had a glorious lunch/dinner Mashed potatoes, biscuits, a whole big turkey and Kenny and I even got to break the wishbone! We both pulled with all our might blasting the top right off. I think we both won (or lost) lol! It didn't technically pull in two *laughs*
Later that evening Kenny's brother Jeff, his wife Jessica and Alex and Olivia all came over and we had a good time playing Wii. I'm not very good, but it was fun! Then all the adults sat down for a nice game of dominoes, chickens foot. We were battling it out and Jessica and I were neck-in-neck right down to the last hand where I pulled off victory! (I think that's the first time I've EVER beaten Kenny!)

We were so thankful for fun times with family!

No comments: