Monday, November 3, 2008

November already!?!

I can't believe this year has flown by so fast! It shouldn't be past July yet! ;) I'm going to have to try even harder to savor EVERY moment!

Kenny and I had FIFTY sweet little trick-or-treaters on Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised at their manners and cheer. Almost every single one said "thank you" and "Happy Halloween" and such. It was so sweet! I stopped by the grocery store on my way home from work and saw two little babies (twins), about ten months old, who were dressed up like soft yellow ducks! Awwww!

We had a really nice weekend, aren't the weekends always nice though ;) Dad came over on Saturday morning and used his backpack blower to blow up all the millions of leaves and sticks and acorns from the previous weekend's adventure of tree trimming. Kenny and I bagged up TWENTY FIVE big black bags full! The yard looked so pretty! I love it when it is all crisp and green and tidy! It only lasted about eight hours, but it was clean long enough to sew grass seeds and make me smile wide as a turkey ;) Here are some before and after pictures...
We had another indoor soccer game at 4:00 on Saturday. I played a BUNCH more this time! All different positions, defense, forward, midfield (whew, that's the hardest! running all over the place) it was so fun, I'm really getting competitive about it now. I can't wait to play again next Saturday! I will just be jumping for joy if I ever score a goal!!
Sunday morning at Crossings we got to hear the head pastor Marty Grubbs preach. The sermon was about Mercy and I really liked the way he explained things out. Justice is getting what you deserve, Mercy is NOT getting what you deserve and Grace is getting what you DON'T deserve. *Thank you Lord for your loving grace! Thank you for sending your son to die for my sins so that I can be in relationship with you FOREVER!

Then Sunday evening Kenny and I went for a stroll down by the lake to watch the sun set. I love just walking and talking with my hubby! I love the conversations that we have and how we never run out of things to talk about!

No comments: