Friday, January 23, 2009

Coincidence!?

I love tales of coincidence, especially because that's one of the things that brought Kenny and I together, we share so many coincidences....
  • We have the same initals... he is KPS I am (was) KSP
  • We're both the second child in our family
  • Both went to "OU" our freshman year then transfered to another college (he went to Ottawa University, I went to The University of Oklahoma)

  • we're both notorious for having a huge glass of water with us at all times
  • both have an underscore _ in our e-mail address
  • both took piano lessons when we were kids
  • Our last names are also gas stations (Schell and Phillips)

  • I could go on and on....
Anyway, about two months ago Dad was helping us with something on Kenny's car and noticed some wear on the tires. He suggested we have them rotated and aligned. Then when we were in Kansas for Thanksgiving Kenny's Dad mentioned the same thing.

Well, being the smart, obedient kid-o's that we are, we took his car into Goodyear to have them take a look at it. They did the rotation just fine (free of charge too!), but said we would have to take it to the dealer to have the wheels aligned (boo....dealers always charge so much!!)

When I told Dad that story he suggested a local place where he's had several wheel alignments done. When I got home from work that evening I mentioned the place to Kenny "I think it's called Dan's Automotive" I told him.

Well, a few weeks passed and I just decided to call "Dan's" to see if they could align the wheels on a '99 Dodge Durango. So at lunch I asked Dad for the phone number. Turns out it's actually called Woody's Break and Alignment (don't know where I got Dan's from!? *grins*) So about 1:30 I called and spoke to the secretary. She didn't think it would be a problem, and asked would I like to make an appointment? I told her I would check with my Husband and maybe call her back.

Fifteen minutes later as I was heading back to work, about 1:45, my cell phone started ringing and it was Kenny.... first thing he asked me, "did you just talk to Woody's Break & Alignment"? Low and behold, he had JUST gotten off the phone with them and they asked him if his wife had just called!? He must have thought they were crazy (Keep in mind, he had NO IDEA I was going to call them ever, let along today at lunch, and NO IDEA what the name of this business was, I told him it was Dan's). Turns out Kenny had googled oklahoma city alignment, and out of over 300 businesses just happened to call Woody's ten minutes after I spoke to them!? How crazy is that!! Such a coincidence! I really think our brains must be linked, stuff like that happens to us all the time and I love it!

No comments: