Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

Woo Hoo! I love a good snow day! ;)
Kenny's school was closed today because of the ice storm that blew in yesterday evening. I was orignially supposed to go to work, but because I have a wonderful boss who's always looking out for me, he let me stay home from work today.
I got SO much done! I don't know why a snow day makes me energetic *grins* but I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and DEEP cleaned our bedroom, we're talking dusted the fan blades and the baseboard kind of cleaning! I even used wood polish to clean our dressers and nightstand. I feel so accomplished! I smile every time I go in there now :)

Kenny got some more work done on our guest bathroom too, he removed the wood paneling and got the rest of the old tile all removed. He also had to be on duty to check on the pool from time to time. There seemed to be a thin layer of ice that was accumulating (even with the pump on), so he made sure to keep it broken up. I felt sorry for our poor little chlorine ducks *laughs*
Now, don't go thinking that we spent the whole day working... we got in some excellent Mario Cart Wii time *grins* we nearly beat the whole game as a matter of fact!
It's been sleeting/snowing on and off for most of the day, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I hope everyone stays warm tonight!

No comments: