Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweetie Chauffer

This ice has held over into Wednesday too! Kenny's school was closed again, but I'm back to work as usual. Kenny worries about me driving on the ice so he offered to be my sweet chauffer for the day. He woke up early (on a day he could otherwise sleep in), trooped out in the ice to scrape off his windshield and get the car warmed up for me, and cautiously drove me to work.

What a sweetie!! He also walked me from the car into my office and put down some salt on the sidewalk so no one would slip. I love that boy and his thoughtfulness *grins*.
I usually go home for lunch, but having no vehicle, Kenny picked me up at noon and we went out for lunch! What a treat!! We also stopped by the grocery store to stock up on some essentials just in case this weather doesn't let up for a few more days.

We had a cozy evening at home and I even tried out a new recipe. We're both trying our best to eat a little healthier, so a Broccoli and Chicken Cassarole sounded pretty tasty! I found this one at http://www.cooks.com/

BROCCOLI, CHICKEN, CHEESE CASSEROLE

1 (3 lb.) chicken
1 (1 lb.) broccoli
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. bread crumbs
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. (lg.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cook and bone chicken. Cook broccoli. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Arrange broccoli in greased dish. Top with chicken and soup mixture. Combine bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, cook 5 more minutes. (I like to use a little more cheese and add to soup mixture before baking.)

Yum-o! It was DELICIOUS!

No comments: