Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl and the sniffles

Man, I had such high hopes for this weekend. It was supposed to be warm and sunny, perfect timing to get the kitchen cabinet doors finished. I am more than halfway done and we can't wait to see it all finished.

But, that wasn't in the cards for this weekend.... :(

I must have caught some cold bug that was floating around because I was WIPED OUT! I felt so weak and tired and literally could not breathe out of my nose (not fun). So I was a couch potato all weekend and just got to rest and be babied by my hubby.

We did get Cracker Barrel to go and watched the superbowl on Sunday. What an exciting game! I really thought the Cardinals were going to pull off a surprize victory (we always tend to cheer for the underdog), but I think those ref's were rooting for the Steelers *laughs*

I love the way Kenny is so patient in trying to explain all the football happenings to me. Being the second of FOUR girls, I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to sports, but I'm getting better *grins*

Anytime a whistle is blown, or a yellow flag sails through the air I'm asking Kenny "what's happening, what's going on??" I can never tell whether to cheer or boo or maybe both (just to be on the safe side).

Me: what was that whistle for, how come he threw his little yellow bag down and why is that guy yelling at the black and white stripe man?
Kenny: (laughter subsides) well, the whistle was to stop the play, the yellow FLAG means a foul occured and I think that player is politely disagreeing with the REFEREE.

even after the REplay I'm usually still lost...

Me: I didn't see anything...
Kenny: you see where they drew a yellow circle around that player....well, that's the foul
(yes, sad to say I didn't even notice the yellow drawing on the screen encircling the foul)

Poor Kenny, I think I'm destined to be the worst football watcher in history, but at least I enjoy trying :) I am constantly asking questions and determining new "plays" that they should have used...
  • Can those two players pick up the guy with the ball and launch him into the endzone?
  • Could the defense build a cheerleader style pyramid to block the fieldgoal?
  • I think they should constantly be throwing the football to another player (player one catches and throws to player two, two to three, three to four and so on)..... I have found out this is called a lateral pass and Kenny even recorded a game where it took place, just for me!! :)

Hopefully if we have sons someday they won't think their Momma is crazy ;)

No comments: