Monday, March 30, 2009

We should have jerseys cause we make a GREAT team!

Well, meteorologist Karen has called it again! *winks* No Blizzard conditions. We did get quite a downpour of glorious snow, and SUCH big flakes, but it just wasn't cold enough to stick to the ground.
Look at my poor hibiscus tree!
Come on little fellow you can make it!

Kenny and I were starting to feel some serious cabin fever especially after being stuck in a hotel room all of last week. We just wanted to be outside enjoying some fresh air!
Saturday night we had an indoor soccer game at 10:00pm (whew, that's past my bedtime *laughs*). We play on a team with some of Kenny's friends from college, we're called The Rockets! I get SO nervous every time we have a game scheduled, my heart starts palpitating and my palms get sweaty, but then once we get there and get on the field it is such glorious fun! I just love being sporty and being part of a team. I can't believe I went my whole childhood without playing ONE team sport ;) too shy, and too busy with music I suppose. But I really have fun with it now!

All of the kids on the team are in college right now. It's funny because I feel like we're all about the same age....but come to find out, Kenny and I are the old married couple!!! What!?! How did this happen? We're OLD *grins*

Let me just tell you, Kenny is a REALLY great soccer player! He scores goals and does fancy footwork and all kinds of maneuvers and set ups! He is FUN to watch! In fact, while I was on the bench (don't laugh, I got some good playing time in too) I heard some spectators saying "who's THAT guy!? He's GOOD!" (beams of wifely pride now glowed from my face) "Oh, THAT'S Kenny" a teammate said "He played soccer for Mid America!" Wow! I love catching those little tidbits on the side lines when he's coaching or playing, SO neat!! I'm so proud of him!

I did get in at least one really good play! An older guy on the other team (who was pretty good) was driving in directly towards our goal. Well, I rushed out straight towards him, stole the ball away and kicked it WAY down field. I literally squealed with glee "Yeeeessss!!!!" HE even gave me a high five and "good play" he could tell I was so excited! *laughs*

I told Kenny we'd have to keep playing until I score a goal.....Look out senior soccer tour, here we come!
The rest of our weekend was pretty nice and sunny! We worked in the backyard on cleaning up the swimming pool and getting it ready for swim time, Kenny prettied up the back flower beds, and I stained the back side of the remaining kitchen cabinet doors (I can't believe they're almost finished) Hoo-ray!

No comments: