Friday, October 16, 2009

Pizza, Practice, Pride

Man, I was so very proud of Kenny's soccer team! They have a tournament next week Monday through Wednesday. This week just happened to be Fall Break (Thursday and Friday) meaning that none of the teams would get to practice for at least four days before playing in the big tournament!

Well, Kenny asked his guys if they would be willing to practice during Fall Break and they overwhelmingly agreed to give up their free time to come up to the school and put in hours of practice! Wow!

(I was pretty proud of Kenny as well....he not only gave up his free time, but also the chance to go back home to Kansas and ride motorcycles with his Dad!)

So, Thursday rolled around and Kenny and I were both wondering if any of the guys would actually show up. It was misty, cold and dreary out side, probably in the mid fifties. Well, I think the entire team showed up! What a bunch of dedicated players!
So Kenny and I decided to treat the team to Pizza for lunch today after practice. Boy I wish we could have had Jeff and Jessica's pizza, Via's, shipped in from Kansas! That would have been a royal treat! We settled for Little Caesars...

This is what I looked like coming out of the pizza place.....
except not a man *laughs* When I was putting them in my tiny car a lady next to me said "I think you have more pizza than car there!" *grins*

When I got to the school about seven guys came rushing out to help me carry my load. What a bunch of sweeties!
The practice game was tied two to two when I got there. There were even some former players of Kenny's who showed up to help out with practice! Kenny gave them a couple more minutes to play and then brought the game down to penalty kicks! Those are always fun to watch!
I told you it was cold......
I wish this picture of the goal keeper would have come out clearer. He sure plays hard!
Here are a couple of good penalty kick shots!
I think a hot fresh pizza was just what they needed!
Thanks to these guys for working so hard! I can't wait to cheer you on at the tournament next week!!! *grins*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Titans!! They look like they are ready to WIN!!
MoM

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm really impressed you have some dedicated players. When they see how much they mean to you guys it makes a strong and postive statement to them.
Love you guys,
Mom S

Bernie said...

The pizza was a great idea! Pizza is the best and what a dedicated team.

Thank you so much for the sweet message on my blog today. You are so sweet and I love your blog.

I love the team pictures on your blog today too.

Warmly,

Bernie