Friday, October 30, 2009

More pumpkin fun

See, I told you we couldn't stop at just one jack-o-lantern..... I think I'm mildly addicted *grins*

Well, since I had my turn on the jayhawk, Kenny got to do a lot of the carving on this one.
Once again we traced the pattern on the outside of the pumpkin using my handy, dandy projector. This is probably the most time consuming part of the whole project to me. You see, if the pattern isn't perfect, you can never carve it into correctness *laughs*
Next Kenny chopped the top right off that guy...
This picture is called "don't mess with Kenny" right *winks* How come he looks so much kinder chopping up a pumpkin than I do? I've got to bare my teeth and growl a little bit. *laughs*Next you've got to get all those gooey, slimy seeds out.....
Then just go to town shaving off the pattern. We worked as a team to accomplish this. I'd trace around the neat little lines, then Kenny, with the precision of a surgeon would shave away the large spaces that I left behind.Oh man, we had a great time and I took so many pictures I ran the camera batteries to death. But not before we put a glorious candle inside and beheld our shining design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys need to enter a contest. Very cool. Karen just a fyi... When Kenny was little he looked just like Linus with his blankey.
Love, Mom S