Wednesday, February 18, 2009

City Bites with Stephanie

Yesterday evening I got to have dinner with my best friend Stephanie! We met at City Bites and had a fabulous evening!!
She is such a sweet, caring friend! It is sometimes hard for us to find time to do things together now a days because we're married and working and so busy with day to day things. But, we make the most of the opportunities we do have! When we get together it's like no time has passed at all. We just pick up the conversation right where we left off and can't stop talking! I love that girl!!

Stephanie is so special to me. We actually met on THE FIRST day of kindergarten. She has a home movie from that day where she is asking "Daddy, who's that little girl over there who's crying?"....well, that little girl was ME! *grins* The first day of kindergarten was a hard day... I barely let my Mom and Dad leave for ten minutes before they had to pick me up to go home again. I was quite the shy little girl. I probably wouldn't have made it without Stephanie ;)

She has been my partner in crime ever since that day. We joined orchestra together in 4th grade (both playing violin), went shopping together, went on trips together, had sleep overs, birthday parties, school trips, drivers licenses, graduated high school together, went off to seperate colleges only to both transfer to another school together and graduate college side by side. We were bridesmaids in each others weddings and so much more! I am so thankful God placed her in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better friend!

**Edited on 4/1/09 to add:
At this special dinner Stephanie shared the news with me that she and Jeremy were expecting A BABY due in August!!! Needless to say I was completely overjoyed to hear the news! Stephanie and Jeremy are such a sweet couple and they are going to be THE BEST parents! I can't wait to meet their new little bundle of joy!

I added this note later on because I didn't want to share the big news with the world until Stephanie and Jeremy were ready...but BOY was I excited!

No comments: