Friday, February 6, 2009

T.G.I.F.

Hooray for Fridays! I just love that last day of work and looking forward to a relaxing weekend looming just over the horizon.

And I love my job. I can't imagine how much greater Fridays would feel if I hated my job. I'm a pretty lucky girl.

Today was extra special because I got to have lunch with Kenny. He is in the middle of Parent Teacher conferences at school and had to stay late last night and today until noon discussing students with their Mom and/or Dad. He really amazes me. I think I would have trouble even remembering all the students names (five classes of nearly fourty students...that's like TWO HUNDERD kids)! But he remembers each and every one as well as how they're doing in class, relating to their peers, keeping up with their homework, following through with test scores, etc.

I told him last night that I'd have to tell each of the parents (in a robot voice)... "Your son and or daughter is excelling in U.S. History, thank you for your time, goodbye" because I wouldn't be able to remember all of them!?

Tonight we are going to go to an NBA game and see the Oklahoma City Thunder play against the Portland Trail Blazers. Kenny's awesome friend Justin called and invited us to join a group of his friends. We haven't seen a basketball game in over a year, this will be exciting! Plus it's our first time to see the Thunder since they came to Oklahoma.
I hope everyone has an awesome weekend and enjoys this beautiful breezy weather!

No comments: