Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Fever

Man-o-man have I got spring fever! I just want to be outside in the sunshine and I have this incredible urge to clean and organize. I guess maybe that's where "spring cleaning" comes from. After all the winter coldness and being locked up inside and the sun setting so early, I'm READY for spring!
Don't get me wrong, I do like winter, it's just this little part of me that is ready for the next season :)

I'm even excited for daylight savings to begin (I may miss that one little extra hour of sleep though) and for me to actually have time to work outside on the yard when I get home from work before the sun sets. I want to clean and organize every single room of our house and get rid of a lot of stuff!

When we bought our house we purchased the house AND everything in it. This has been a huge blessing in a lot of ways. We didn't have to rush out and buy a house full of new furniture, we can take our time and buy new things piece by piece as we want to and are able to. Also, we were able to make some extra money right away by selling a lot of the spare things in an estate sale. But, there are some downsides too and the major one right now is... what do I do with ALL THIS STUFF!?! There's the house stuff, then my stuff and now Kenny's stuff and we just have too much stuff *grins* I am so ready to purge through and sell or donate a BUNCH of it. It will just feel so freeing to have some space for OUR things.

So, we're planning a garage sale some time in early spring. In the mean time I just want to organize and clean so we're well prepared! Boy my feet are just bouncing waiting to get home and get started! Let's hope I still have this much energy after work ;)

P.S. Kenny said the L-Screen worked SO GREAT at practice yesterday! He was really excited!

No comments: