Friday, February 13, 2009

Flock of Seagulls

No, not the band... *grins*
First of all, hooray for me, I made the run again!! :) I feel so good about it! And no sore IT band this time either. I'm so glad Kenny looked up those stretches for me.

Secondly, the title of this blog is talking about a literal flock of sea gulls. When Kenny and I rounded the corner to turn in and park by the lake for our jog, there was a mass gathering of seagulls just resting in the parking lot. Wow-o-wow, so MANY! As we drove by they got kind of spooked and took flight. Then they started following Kennys car flying really low and just hovering around. Once we parked I was scared to get out. It was like a scene from Birds! I think they saw that big white durango and thought it was the mother ship or something *laughs*

Finally Kenny convinced me that it was safe to vacate the vehicle, so I nervously slipped out the door and ran over to get behind him.

The sea gulls just continued to fly low and right beside us and all around for at least fifteen yards of our jog, kind of spooky, but really cool too. Kenny convinced me that they were just hoping we had some food for them. Next time I'll have to bring some bread and my camera ;)

No comments: