Monday, February 23, 2009

L Screen!

Do YOU know what an "L-screen" is? Well, I didn't until this week ;) It is for baseball. It saves the pitcher from certain death during practice *grins* This is what they look like:
Kenny is just getting into the swing of things (no pun intended) with his baseball practice and thought an L screen would really help them out. He could get really close to the batter and throw the ball precisely and quickly helping them with hand-eye coordination and stuff.

Well, L-screens are EXPENSIVE! Well over a hundred dollars! So Kenny and Dad decided they could build one. They are so creative and mechanical! So on Saturday night after Lori's birthday party Kenny, Dad, Mom and I built the frame work for the L screen out of PVC piping. Then Sunday, after shopping ALL OVER Oklahoma City for some netting, we finally found some at Ace Hardware. We cut it down to size and I sewed it to the framework with some heavy duty thread and we got the whole thing finished. Total cost, under $20! Woo Hoo!! Kenny kept encouraging me and telling me how good of a sewer I was, so cute *grins*
(Yes, I made Kenny do the Vana White pose here) ;)
I just know it will come in SO handy at practice! Good job guys!

No comments: