Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A little catch up...

Whew, I've gotten behind on my posting, so I thought I'd take a trick from Julie and do a little top six list *grins*

1. Wednesday night I got to have dinner with my baby shower planning party, aka Stacey and Amber. We went to eat at Zio's (yummy, yummy Italian food) and got a ton of stuff finalized for Stephanie's baby shower. I get a little panicky with out my "to do" lists, so I came prepared! *laughs*

I'm sure this makes me look like a crazy lady, but it honestly does help me relax to have all sorts of lists. I just love that feeling of crossing off a task I've just completed. That crisp black line drawn right through that item symbolizing another accomplishment! *grins* Anyway, we had a blast, I always love spending time with such fabulous ladies!

2. Kenny and I had our FINAL indoor soccer game for this season. This was THE championship game between the top two contenders and guess what!?!?! We WON!!!!! Hooray! What a great way to end the season!


3.
During this very game I experienced my first ever Soccer "header" (meaning you hit the ball with your head). Truth be told it was a completely UNPLANNED header.

With two minutes left in the game, I was minding my own business frantically guarding mid field when all of a sudden WHamOO!! I'm bashed in the temple with a kamikaze soccer ball out of no where!.....blackness.....ringing......dizzy.....brain rattling.....cross eyed... then I feel Kenny's hand on my shoulder and hear him asking "are you okay!?"

All right, all right, it wasn't quite that dramatic, but still pretty intense! Another girl from our team took my place on the field, I got high fives all around for being a trouper and we WON the game!

4.
We had a GLORIOUS Mother's Day lunch at my Mom and Dad's house. We feasted on the creamy-est most scrumptious lasagna imaginable, delicious crisp salad, and buttery garlic bread plus a citrusy lemon merange pie for dessert made by Lisa. I am SO thankful for the mothers God has placed in my life. My Mom, Kenny's Mom, my sister Lisa, sister in law Jessica, our Grandmothers, wow! What an amazing bunch of ladies we are blessed to know! I love you all so so so much!! Thank you for being amazing examples for me to follow some day!

5. Kenny got a brand new toy that I have a feeling we're going to both enjoy!
In fact, as soon as we got it all set up, he was pumping iron last night! These really are a cool set of weights. The ends of the dumbells spin off and you can add and remove plates super easy! The bench is extra sturdy and easily pivots up and down so you can have it flat, inclined or declined and it came with all sorts of neat attachments!

Hopefully this will inspire me to stick with my workouts! It sure looks like fun *grins*

6. After work tonight Kenny and I are leaving for Missouri!! We are going to meet Neil and Julie and see their beautiful NEW house! Then the four of us are going to have a fabulous vacation trip to St. Louis to see the Zoo, The Arch, and all sorts of exciting places! I can't wait to spend some time with two of our very favorite people!!

1 comment:

Neil and Julie said...

whoo hoo! I am so excited too! I'm glad we are two of your favorite people bc if you were just two of our favorite people that would make us a little stalkerish ;)