Friday, May 22, 2009

Missouri Botanical Gardens

On Saturday morning, our last full day of vacation, we met Neil and Julie and Einstein Bros Bagels for a yummy breakfast!

It's a classy little place with a million different kinds of bagels, pastries and treats! I got a Southwest egg wrap and it was DE-LIC-IOUS!!! It had jalapeno cream cheese and some sort of salsa that made it spicy.

After breakfast Neil and Julie had to head back to Springfield for a banquet at their church so Kenny and I decided to go check out the Missouri Botanical Garden.

The moment we pulled up I was mesmerized by these rows and rows of huge purple puffkins outside the main entrance and in the parking lot. Seriously, the heads of these flowers were probably as big as a softball!!
I made Kenny stop and take a picture so I'd never forget them. Purple is one of my VERY favorite flower colors. So unusual! It's also the color I picked for my wedding flowers *winks*
We walked through the grand entrance doors and into a garden wonderland of beauty! So many gorgeous flowers and fountains EVERYWHERE you looked!

There was a glorious rose garden!
Look at some of these beauties Kenny captured...

There were also glass sculptures floating in a large pool with a fountain. They reminded me of Christmas ornaments *grins*
We went into a botanical green house area and they had all sorts of tropical flowers...
and waterfalls!! (my favorite!)
There were also Victorian gardens with gazebos and mazes and hanging baskets erupting with flowers!Hey! I just noticed, these are purple TOO!!

There are so many pictures, I could go on forever! We just had a wonderful time!

As we were leaving the gardens there was a wedding just getting ready to start and we noticed these adorable sweet older couples...
I couldn't help but snap their picture as Kenny I knowingly turned and winked at each other "It's Kenny, Karen, Neil & Julie of the future" (We sure hope so anyway!)

No comments: