Friday, May 29, 2009

Police Persuasion

Tuesday morning started out like any other... nice warm shower, two pieces of whole wheat toast with orange juice, quick dab of makeup, kiss Kenny goodbye and I'm on my way! *smiles*

But, this would turn out to be no ordinary Tuesday morning. I hopped in my little car and snapped my seat belt into place and OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUS the pain!! (You'll remember from my last post that I was sunburned to a crispness right on my chest and shoulders) I gently slipped the seat belt under my arm and breathed a sigh of relief.

I backed my car out of the garage and headed off to work. Then.....suddenly.....a mere three blocks from my house I see the shocking flicker of police lights in my mirror. (I don't know about you guys, but the moment I see police lights behind me, whether they're pulling me over or not, my heart turns to mush and I can feel my heartbeat pounding in my head)

(not actually my car *winks*)

"Oh no" I thought silently to myself, "he's pulling me over because he thinks I'm not wearing my seat belt!" I rolled down my window, smiled my biggest smile and kindly turned over my drivers license and insurance verification.

Officer: Miss, the reason I pulled you over is because when I saw you you weren't wearing your seat belt.
Me: Well......actually I did have it on, I just had it under my arm because of my awful sunburn from Memorial day weekend at the lake.

at this point I innocently pulled my sleeve over to show him the horrific redness and he winced in pain.

Officer: Oh, wow, I feel your pain. I'm sunburned too from the lake this weekend. Here you go (handing me back my license and verification) have a nice day!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?! No ticket, not even a warning! What a miracle! I started my car back up and could barely work the clutch my legs were shaking so bad *laughs*

And from this day forward Kenny keeps teasing me that I "flashed" a cop to get out of a ticket!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that policeman had a more interesting excuse from anyone that day?
Mom

Anonymous said...

Who could resist that smile?
Love, Cecilia