Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sports Banquet!

Kenny's school hosts a LOVELY sports banquet every year where they announce the sports teams, hand out awards and have a yummy dinner for the athletes, parents, coaches and coaches spouses *smiles*
This was my second year to go with Kenny and they are so much fun! I love getting to see "Coach Schell" get up to the microphone and talk about his teams, how he's proud of them all and the great things they've accomplished over the year, how he'll miss them and that he appreciates all the hard work they've put in. I just glow with pride!
It's also pretty darn exciting to hear a cafateria full of people explode with cheers, screaming and never-ending applause when your husband walks up to the podium *grins* Seriously, he's like a rock star!
It's so cute the way all the students look and wonder and even come up and ask me... "are you Mr. Schell's wife?" Then they'll rush back to their little group and announce their findings and everyone will turn and smile and wave *laughs*. It's quite the ego boost! I even got to sit at the Head Table!
They had some yum-nummy mexican food catered in and we sure enjoyed that!
Kenny, you are a blessing to your school and to each and every one of those students. I just know that you are changing their lives forever and I am SO VERY proud of you!

No comments: