Thursday, September 24, 2009

The grass is always greener...

I have a slight obsession with green grass. From the earliest I can remember my parents lawn was always fresh and green. My Dad takes extra care of the lawn, keeping it fertilized, mowed and edged, and all the leaves and debris cleaned off; and my Mom is blessed with an amazing green thumb. Her plants and flowers always look healthy and spectacular! *grins*

Only now am I starting to understand how much work goes into that beauty!

Kenny and I are doing a pretty good job of upkeeping a large lawn, but we had a couple of small spots that just wouldn't stay green and healthy. Turns out our sprinkler system just needed a few more sprinkler heads to fully cover the area.

So, my amazing hubby and fantastic Dad got those heads installed!
My Dad even did a lot of the installation by himself while Kenny and I were at work. Wow, we don't deserve you Dad! *winks*
I'm pretty proud of this perfection trench that I dug for part of the sprinkler tubing *grins*
I think I'm employable in the army as a trench digger, except that I don't like being dirty and I'd probably get kicked out of boot camp for crying! *laughs*

(I always tell Kenny that I could be a Trucker as long as he was with me to do the driving *winks*)

Here is Kenny filling in some dirt over the newly installed tubing.
He's such a sweetie. It drives me crazy to have dirt under my fingernails so he took care of the "dirty" work for me!
We worked all the way past sunset. Kenny's holding a flashlight in the photo above! But we got it all done and I can't wait to see that perfect green grass greet me everyday!

No comments: