Monday, September 28, 2009

My Buddy

If any of you guys were born before 1985 you probably remember the cute commercials for My Buddy. Here's a refresher in case you need one...



Well, Sunday afternoon Kenny and I were watching some football on TV and they were discussing the heightened security at the professional stadiums because of possible terrorism. This made me recall an OU vs. K-State football game where a small bomb actually went off outside the stadium!

"I was AT that game!" Kenny proclaimed recalling the days events to me.

"Wow!" I said shocked that he was actually there in person. "Who did you go with?"

"With Neil of course" he said matter of factly and began to sing this song....

My buddy, my buddy, my buddy, my buddy...
wherever Neil goes, I go...

At which point I fell over on the couch laughing and had to regain composure and smooch him on the cheek! He is A-DOR-ABLE!!

Neil is Kenny's best friend, a fellow History major at college, they both taught eighth grade History and were roommates for several years! Not to mention that they are now brothers-in-law (Neil married my little sister Julie! Amazing, I know!) I am so thankful for Neil and Kenny and their friendship!
And now, I have thought up the second verse to his song...

Kid sister, kid sister, kid sister, kid sister...
His wife's my kid sister Ju-lie!

*grins*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have so much fun. I'm jealous.
Love ya MoM

Neil and Julie said...

aww! How sweet! I love it :) i always felt partial to those commercials and now i know why! so are neil and i the dolls and you and kenny are the real people? lol

Neil said...

How funny! And I was just telling Julie how much I appreciate Kenny's friendship and miss havin' him around!!! And hey, we really need to get going on some plans for hanging out or meeting somewhere or doing something...you know?