Friday, September 18, 2009

Man-gagement

I probably should have been born a "blond". This is just one example why...

The Real Estate office that I work for is also involved in Property Management. Meaning, people who own rental property hire us to find tenants, handle repairs and receive rent money. So, a large part of my job is accepting rent money from tenants and doing all the book keeping involved.

This morning a really nice older man who lives in one of our properties came in to pay his rent. I always try to be friendly and a kind, encouraging person to everyone I meet. And, even though I'm shy, I'm trying to work on my outgoing-ness. I see him once a month when he pays his rent, so we're kind of friends. *grins*

Anyway, he said hello and handed me his rent money and while I was getting him a receipt he held up his hand and said "I got something new this weekend"...
Noticing the gold ring on his finger, I leaped to my feet, squealed with joy and exclaimed "you got engaged!?!"

His head slowly turned like a quizzical puppy, one eye squeezed almost closed and he paused for a moment and said "ummm, no, I got married"! (DUH Karen!, men DO.NOT.GET. engagement rings!)

"Oh, congratulations, how exciting!" I said while blushing bright as a cherry tomato.

In the future I will try to remember that that whole engagement ring thing is for GIRLS only! *winks*

1 comment:

Neil and Julie said...

LOL!! I was laughing OUT LOUD when I read this! That is exactly something I would do too! I thought that you were typing something or reading something that said management, and just thought it said man-gagement (funny how your story involves both!) Thanks for the laugh!