Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Today is a very special day!!! It's my sweet hubby's twenty eighth birthday!! I remember when I was younger I always thought twenty eight was the perfect age to be. Like a mature gorgeous barbie doll or something. You'd be out of college, married, successful, happy and just perfect. Of course now that it's only months away (for me) it seems like it's just pretty close to thirty...eeeek! *grins*

But, you know...thirty actually doesn't seem that bad either. *smiles*

I can't even begin to describe the love that I have for my sweet Kenny. I just feel so utterly blessed that he found me and that I get to spend the rest of my life with him! Wow!
*photo by Stephanie Weeks

One of my favorite things about Kenny is his loving heart. I get to see that love demonstrated on a daily basis. I am amazed that he LOVES me!?! His first thoughts are always about what would make me happy or more comfortable.

I also get to see his love demonstrated at his school. The way he honestly sincerely cares about each and every one of his students. He often gives up his free time and even lunch to make sure that they are successful. He spends every evening after school coaching his soccer team and often stays even later to make sure everyone is picked up or he'll give them a ride home!

I love the way Kenny loves his family. He loves spending time with them and gets so excited about a chance to visit home. His precious heart for his Grandma and Nana just makes me melt.

I love the way Kenny loves my family. He always has a great time when we all get together. He loves the chance to just sit and talk with my Mom and Dad and is just "one of us" now. *grins*

I especially love Kenny's heart for God. To see him follow God's calling on his life, watch him read his Bible, and know his passion for Christ. I love when we're able to discuss things and am just blown away that we share so many values and are alike in so many ways.

In case you couldn't tell, I really love this guy! I could go on and on about how great he is! But, I'll just end with one more sweet gesture that he did for me...

Last night when we got home from our drive back from Kansas I wasn't feeling too great. I was achey and sinus-hurty and just tired. He whisked into the bathroom, ran a bathtub full of warm water and bubbles just for me, lit a yummy pineapple candle (thanks Julie we love it!) and told me to soak my cares away.
Wow!! What a perfect surprise!! I was just amazed! Who could ask for a sweeter husband?? *grins*

Kenny, I love you more than you'll ever know! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that each passing day just gets better and better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart!!! Let's keep him. You both are sweethearts and we love you. Happy Birthday Kenny. We'll celebrate Saturday get ready to blow out all those candles.
MoM and DaD