Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Celebrate good times, come on!

oOo I have had a glorious week long birthday celebration! It's so nice to draw holidays out like that, then you don't have to squish it all into one single day *grins*

My first birthday celebration was up in Kansas with Kenny's Dad and Mom while we were visiting them for Thanksgiving. They got me a gorgeous teal turtleneck sweater and a set of red gloves and a scarf! They are so soft and beautiful. I wore the sweater to work last week and got a lot of sweet compliments *grins*
like this except teal *winks*

Kenny's Grandma also gave me the sweetest card and some money to buy whatever my heart desires! Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that *winks*

My next birthday surprise was on my actual birthday, my boss had some beautiful flowers delivered to my office to surprise me! He's very thoughtful like that *grins*

Then when I got home from work Kenny had two dozen of the most gorgeous roses waiting to greet me!! Wowiee! He is such a fabulous hubby!! The best in the whole wide world! *grins*
We got Olive Garden to go, you know how dearly I love their salad and bread sticks! And I got to pick out our Christmas movie for the evening! Serendipity!!
Next I opened my gifts...
Tickets to see The Nutcracker ballet downtown at the Civic Center! I'm so excited, this will be my first ballet ever. I can hardly wait to see those lovely performers and hear the Philharmonic orchestra serenading in the back ground. *grins*
AND, a phenomenal weekend trip to Tulsa to a luxury hotel and tickets to see A Christmas Carol at the Tulsa Theater! Ooooo, we love an exciting excursion adventure out of town. Last year we got to see A Christmas Carol in Kansas City. I hope this theater company is just as wonderful!

Several of my friends have mentioned what a sweetie husband I have to not only be willing to go to the theater and ballet with me, but that it was his idea to buy me the tickets! Yes, I am one lucky lady! Thanks baby!!

Then, for my final act of Birthday festivities we celebrated with my family on Sunday. We enjoyed pizza galore and two different cakes. My favorite, a Strawberry Roll Cake...and a pumpkin roll cake too! My Mom is so creative, she stenciled "28" on the pumpkin cake with powdered sugar! So cute!!

I got some fabulous gifts from my sweet family! Some Bath and Body Works yummies, new makeup that I had really been wanting to try, a fun DVD of all the faerie tale theater movies (we used to ADORE these when we were little girls!!), a soft, plush, red rug, all kinds of treasures *grins*

Then, to end off the night I did a Christmas photo shoot for Bart and Lisa, Bryce and Griffin outside by the lake. It was really fun capturing their sweet smiles and endearing family moments. Luckily it was a fairly warm day (for December) and the wind wasn't blowing us down *laughs*

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but once Lisa gives me the okay I'll post some of those pictures on here, they.are.so.cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Now that's what I call a good birthday; you deserved it...

God Bless - Cecilia