Friday, December 18, 2009

Cookies with my sugar

Fun, fun, fun! Kenny and I got creative this week and made some fabulous and cute little sugar cookies. Christmas time always makes me think about making gingerbread cookies and awe inspiring gingerbread houses decked out in fancy candy and sweet treats....but, we really prefer the taste of sugar cookies, so we decided to get creative with those! *grins*

Do you know what!?! I don't even own any cookie cutters! How sad is that? *laughs* I suppose I should have registered for some for our wedding huh? Well, luckily my sweetie Mom and older sister Lisa have some perfect ones to share!

My Mom had all kinds of cookie cutters, snowmen, Christmas trees, Santa Claus and even a tiny heart cookie cutter that my dad MADE for her when they were newlyweds! Awww! Lisa had some great snowflake cookie cutters that I borrowed and we ended up using those.

I found a recipe for sugar cookies here. It's a fun blog with lots of intriguing recipes! Yum! The dough was nice and soft and just the right level of sweetness. We rolled the dough out and got started on the fun!
I cut out a few...
and then Kenny went wild *grins*
He was cutting them so fast I couldn't keep up, transferring them to the cookie sheet! *laughs*
They only had to cook for about eight minutes, they were so small, so we let them cool and then they were ready for icing!
I absolutely love that Kenny is willing to do anything with me, even if it involves baking *grins* He is such a sweet husband and just my perfect match!
(This was Kenny's icing plan...."get as much icing on the cookies as possible" *winks*)

And here's me...

as you can see, it takes a lot of concentration to ice a cookie! Oh, we had a blast and this was our end product...
Hmm...we probably shouldn't try out for the professional baking tour, but we had fun and that's what counts right? Here's a couple cute ones...
Merry Christmas! From our kitchen to yours!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute, and on your first try. You'll are really good and they tasted good also.
Love ya MoM

Matt and Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your spectacular snowflake sugar cookies with us! They were wonderful and so precious.