Thursday, December 3, 2009

Schell Thanksgiving

Kenny and I got to go up to Kansas for Thanksgiving again this year. I'm really blessed to have a boss that will give me extra days off to spend time with my family. We're also really fortunate that my sweet family is willing to postpone their Thanksgiving celebrations so we can spend "Thanksgiving" with them too!!
I love visiting Kenny's Dad and Mom in Kansas. It feels like such a relaxing retreat away from home. They always make us feel so welcome and have delicious food, gourmet breakfasts and yummy snacks for us! We just get to relax and enjoy the good company *grins*

Kenny and I left to pick up his Grandma and Nana and when we got home Kenny's brother Jeff, Jessica and the kiddo's were there and we were ready to eat!
Kenny's Mom, Cecilia, always makes an amazing meal! She had all kinds of appetizers, veggie trays, fruit and dip, celery with peanut butter, crackers and cheese...I can't believe I didn't get a picture of all the goodies! The dinner was mouth watering goodness too! A moist, tender turkey and all the fixins! Plus three different kinds of pie and ice cream for dessert! I don't know how she does it all and with a smile on her face, makes it look easy!

Another wonderful treat that she designed this year was to have everyone write what they are thankful for on large paper leaves to hang on the refrigerator.

It was a great way to get us all really thinking about how blessed we truly are...

After dinner we were ready for games! We played a big game of ultimate Frisbee. I made one champion catch last year and was convinced I could be a professional Frisbee athlete....hmmm, not so much this year *grins* But we had a fun time out in the cool air throwing that Frisbee around!
Next we all headed down to the basement. Olivia and I were having a hilarious time playing with a felt board and pet shop cut outs. First we placed everything neatly and correctly...
Then we were full of giggles putting things in the wrong place, like putting the dress on a puppy, or using a fish for a hat!

Alex and Ellis got in some excellent wii time. I even got to play some wii bowling with them!
Then to finish off the night Jessica, Cecilia, Olivia and I played a game of memory (let me just tell you, Olivia has an amazing little brain!! She beat me fair and square!)
And Jeff, Kenny and Ellis played a terrific game of darts!
They have this really amazing electronic dart board that keeps track of your score and who's turn it is, and has all sorts of neat dart games to choose from. *grins*
We just had a wonderful day of food, family and fun, and isn't that what life is really all about!

1 comment:

Matt and Lori said...

How glorious! All that wonderful food, fun and family! Don't you love the holidays?

Matt thought the leaves of thankfulness on the fridge was brilliant idea (and so do I). Very lovely. Good idea Cecilia!

Looks like the Schells know how to have a good time :)