Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas (in Kansas)

Our Christmas in Kansas was heavenly as usual. We got to leave Oklahoma City a day early. We were a little worried about impending bad weather and my boss let me have an extra day off! How great!!

Our drive up was thankfully uneventful except for a light mist just as we crossed state lines. We arrived just in time to have Taco Villa Burritos (Kenny's favorites) for dinner and watch a fun Christmas movie.
The next day is when all the action happened. It started to snow..and snow.... and snow..... and SNOW! It was amazing! I kept glancing up at the window and just saying "wow, look at it coming down!" Little did I know that we would be home bound for the next four days *grins*

We really had a terrific time just hanging out with Kenny's Dad and Mom. We felt sad that we didn't get to see the whole family, Grandma and Nana, Jeff and Jessica and everyone, but we made the most of the time and family that we had!

It was so relaxing to have five whole days to just have fun and play games, watch movies, eat and laugh. Here is just a sample of the fun we had...

Kenny's Mom and Dad have a Wii and the Wii fit game and balance board that go with it. Kenny and I hadn't ever played on one before so we had a great time testing out all the games and being analyzed.
This Wii Fit game is a gigantic ski jump. You have to squat down and lean forward and then, just at the right moment...
straighten your knees out and stay still and balanced. You fly off the end of the ski jump and sail way out for hundreds of feet! Here is my turn *laughs*
just look at that concentration!
I like how I have my arms back like I'm really using ski poles (I've never even been snow skiing!)

We also had a family wide, four person dart tournament,
Kenny's Dad beat us all hands down!We all joined in for a huge game of chickens foot dominoes
and Kenny and I battled back and forth all week with the Chinese Checkers...I think it all ended in a tie (shhhh I gave up while I was ahead *winks*)
We watched some really glorious movies each day...White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut, Holiday Inn, then on Christmas eve we cozied up on the couches in the glow of Denny and Cecilia's beautiful Christmas tree and watched It's a Wonderful Life, our Christmas tradition before heading off to bed.
Christmas morning came bright and early, Kenny was wide awake and bouncing all around by 7:00! *laughs* I love how he gets so excited about Christmas!
I must have been extra good this year because Santa brought me two stockings full! *grins* Kenny and I got a beautiful copper fire bowl from Denny and Cecilia.
I can't wait to see it glowing with warmth like this on our back patio! We all had a great time taking turns opening gifts and (me) squealing with glee at what was inside *laughs*
Later that day I got to spend some time with Cecilia cooking a marvelous Christmas feast. She and I had a lot of fun together and we were so blessed to have all of those yummy left overs to hold us through the blizzard.
We are so thankful we got to spend all that time together and had a very merry white Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like happy times and so much fun.
MoM