Monday, December 21, 2009

Tulsa trip and the Rhema Lights

Right after work on Friday Kenny and I set out on our Tulsa adventure! For my birthday he had bought me tickets to see A Christmas Carol in Tulsa and the performance was on Saturday evening so we decided to just make a weekend of it. Along with my gift was an amazing weekend stay at a luxury hotel which turned out to be Embassy Suites.
Embassy Suites always conjures up images of luxury in my mind. I've stayed there once or twice with my family and it never failed to impress *grins*. This place was just heavenly as well! The courtyard and lobby looked like something out of an Italian painting...This is where we had breakfast every morning, bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and made to order omeletts, yum, yum! Our room was quite snazzy as well. We were laughing that we could probably live here comfortably! Can you see through that doorway in the back, that leads to the separate bedroom, wow!
And two huge flat panel tv's!?! I can see how this would also be a great hotel if you had kids and needed some extra space. I was impressed that there were three vanities with sinks in our room alone! One in the bathroom, one in the "kitchen" and one in the master bedroom below...
(Can you tell I'm a little obsessed with hotels *laughs* I'm a dork, I know...maybe for my next job I'll be a hotel reviewer!!)

After we got checked into our hotel for the evening we set out towards the town of Broken Arrow, about fifteen minutes away, to see the Christmas lights display at Rhema Bible College.
My family was in Tulsa the previous weekend and saw the lights. We just knew it was NOT to be missed!! And what a gorgeous show it was!! Wow! Nearly two million lights spread out over the college campus.
Row after row after row of beautiful trees decked out in colorful lights!
There was an amazing bridge over the water that was absolutely engulfed in lights. These lights were set in time to Christmas music and would blink and twinkle to the beat. So fun!
We loved this adorable Christmas gazebo and water fountain. The lake really reflected those lights like a gigantic mirror. I can't believe those little ducks were swimming around in arctic water *laughs*
Do you know who was waiting in the center of the gazebo....
That's right!! Santa Claus *grins* Oh, we just had a joyous time. I could have stayed there all night except we were starting to get hungry. We left the light show and headed to Cracker Barrel to get a bite to eat. That place sure has some yummy comfort food, perfect to warm you up after a cold night of light viewing.

We went back to our hotel room and as a surprise my precious husband had brought his laptop and video projector so we could watch a Christmas movie projected gigantically on the wall. He's so thoughtful! He got it all set up and we watched Elf.
It was just like being at the movies! *grins* then off to sleep dreaming about the next days adventures!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

That was a great trip... I am ready for another one!!!

Matt and Lori said...

What a glorious hotel! More sinks than there were guests in your room :)