Monday, December 14, 2009

The Nutcracker Ballet

Oh la la! My very first ballet was such a wonderful evening! I was so excited and looking forward to our grand evening out to the civic center all day long! Kenny and I got all dressed up fancy and even stopped to take some Christmas pictures in front of our fireplace before we left.
When we arrived downtown the night was crisp and cool and there was Christmas music in the air wafting over from the ice skating rink right in front of the Civic Center.Once we stepped inside the building there was an enormous Christmas tree and the whole event hall was decked in twinkle lights and garland swags. Some of The Nutcracker cast members were posing in front of the tree taking pictures with guests. *grins*

We took our seats in the balcony on the very first row! Wow! I couldn't have asked for better seats. We were a little above the stage with no heads blocking our view and I could even see some of the musicians performing Tchaikovsky for our merriment.

Kenny warned me that there was no photography allowed. I knew this would be the case during the performance, but I thought it would be okay to snap a couple pictures of the beautiful stage and Christmas curtain before the show began....oh.heavens.no! An usher came flying down the stairs to alert me that there was no photography allowed inside the theater at all! Eeek!

The performance began and I was completely enthralled! The costumes were so beautiful and there were ballerinas ranging from three years old to thirty. They were all so talented! I was especially in awe during the waltz of the snowflakes when it actually began to snow on stage!I found this picture online to show you what it looked like (since I was banished from photography *laughs*)
The entire show was just astonishingly beautiful and really put us in the Christmas mood. I hope it becomes a regular holiday tradition of ours *grins*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys clean up real good. You look wonderful. It's been such a long time since I've been to ballet. They are really mesmerizing. Love, Mom S