Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hyatt Place in Denver

Today was another day of basically just driving... I know it sounds boring, but it actually goes by pretty fast. It's fun to watch out the window as the scenery changes from country to city or vice versa.

Today we drove from the tiny town of Moab Utah into the GIANT city of Denver Colorado! Whoa-momma that was quite a change. Again I was so very thankful that Kenny was driving and I only had to be his faithful sidekick and navigator *winks*

The fun and glorious thing I have to blog about today's adventure is actually our hotel *laughs*. Although we booked all of our hotels for the ENTIRE trip ahead of time, today we actually left up in the air until kind of the last minute. We weren't exactly sure what route we wanted to take and what city we'd be staying in tonight, but finally decided about two days ago that it would be Denver.

At that point Kenny hopped on hotwire.com (I am telling you, you can find A-M-A-Z-I-N-G deals on here!!) and found an excellent deal on a three and a half star hotel which turned out to be just stunning!!

We checked into the Hyatt Place hotel in Denver Tech Center.
It had JUST been completely remodeled! Seriously, you could smell the newness, such modern fixtures and posh lobby and an enormous suite just for us! Dork that I am, I even took a video of our room for posterity *laughs*
There was a separate living room area and bedroom area, a kitchen and office area and THE biggest high definition flat panel TV I've ever seen in my life!

And do you know what we did tonight!?! We ordered Chili's to go and just soaked up the luxury in our glamorous hotel room! *winks*

And the next day, man-o-man, you should see the free breakfast! You know how you might normally run downstairs to grab a bagel or toast....well, this was elaborate! Omelette's, bacon, sausage, gravy, all the fixins and crystal and silver to eat off! Eeek, how intimidating! *laughs*
I'm starting to re-think my career choice.....I think I could totally be a hotel reviewer, or, even better the author of a series of travel books! What fun would that be!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I want Kenny to book my hotels if I ever get another vacation. haha
MoM

Kenny said...

I was thankful I was driving too!!!