Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun with Bryce

I got to see my sweet nephew Bryce at lunch time yesterday. I get to go to see Mom and Dad almost everyday at lunch. It's nice to get a break from my workday and see my family. Bryce is there alot so it also gives me a chance to see him too. He's been such fun the past few days. Talking so much and interested in EVERYTHING. He had gone to story time at the library earlier that day and was telling me all about it. We read "The old woman who swallowed the fly" (several times) ;) and just played around out on the driveway. I love the way you can see his little eyes thinking about things and remembering things that you ask him about. He went to the Fair with Grandma & Grandpa on Wednesday and was telling me about the animals he saw and all the sounds they make.
After work I had to run a couple of errands. I stopped by the Library to return some books and pick up the ones on reserve. That's one of the things I really love about Kenny, that he loves to read. He's always learning new things, learning about the world, history, or finance and investments or doing research on a trip we're wanting to take. Anyway, as I was looking through the books Kenny had put on reserve I found a Charlie Brown piano sheet music book that he had reserved FOR ME. It was so sweet. He knows I love to play the piano and he loves Charlie Brown....what a perfect book for us ;)

When I got home from work Kenny was still away at Soccer practice. I was wanting to back flush the filter on the pool so that I could run the pump and get the pool all clean. All this rain makes us need to run the filter more, so.... in my process of backflushing and rinsing, all of a sudden the power switch to the pump just did nothing! It was crazy, working fine the past ten minutes....then nothing! I checked all the breakers thinking I might have tripped one, but the were all on just fine, so I called Dad. He is amazing, ALWAYS willing to drop everything to come help.

Kenny got home just about the time Dad got there (I had two knights to rescue me!) ;) Mom came with Dad to see our refinished cabinets and new light fixtures. They were ooohhing and ahhhing (makes me feel so good!). Anyway, Dad checked out the pool pump guess what HARD work he had to do to fix it....just jiggle it. Hmmm, you'd think I could have done that huh? *grins* He said we just need to replace the switch and it will be good as new!

No comments: