Monday, September 15, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow what a fun and filled weekend we've had! Since Julie was down visiting I tried to spend as much time with her as I could. She and Mom and I went out for lunch on Friday, a gift from my kind boss. We ate at "A Spot for Tea", a neat little restaurant and gift shop. It really had a cozy, bed and breakfast sort of feel to it. We had fun enjoying more girl time and chatting.

After work I met up with Julie and Lori and we went on a girls shopping spree to Quail Springs Mall. I was mostly shopping for birthday gifts for Bart and Lisa, but Julie and Lori found some really cute clothes :)

Saturday morning Kenny and I woke up a little early (for a Saturday) ;) So I fixed us scrambled eggs and toast and while we were enjoying our nice little breakfast a HUGE rainstorm blew in and it was a glorious downpour outside! I think it must have been the outskirts of the Hurricane that hit Texas....it was pouring buckets. Nut that I am, I grabbed my waterproof camera and went outside and in the backyard to snap some pictures. It was so refreshing and fun, I had to pull Kenny out there to see it all. ;)

After playing in the rain we got ready and went over to Dad and Mom's house to have lunch and celebrate Lisa and Bart's birthday's! We're quite a group when you get us all together. Lunch was great and we had TWO desserts! :) Hawaiian Wedding Cake for Lisa and Brownies for Bart yummy! ;)

After lunch Kenny and I rented two movies to watch that evening while the rain continued to fall. Finally, about seven thirty the rain lifted and we decided it would be the perfect time for a sweet little walk. The sky looked so pretty so we went for a hand-in-hand evening stroll....awww. I love the way Kenny always caters to my little whims ;)

Sunday morning we decided to visit Crossings Community Church. We are really wanting to find a church home where we really feel like we belong. A place that God wants us to be where we can grow in Him and do His will. The church is huge :) We had to ask for directions once we were inside. It was a really great service. There is a large choir and a full orchestra. The pastor (Terry Feix) preached a great sermon. It was neat because in my prayers this past week I've been specifically asking for wisdom and that is JUST what the service was about :) I love the way God always ties things together like that!



No comments: