Monday, September 22, 2008

What a weekend :)

What a fun filled weekend we’ve had! I love the way Kenny’s always ready for an adventure with me. :D We got up on Saturday morning and I made us Bacon and Eggs and Hash browns! Yummy!! After we ate Kenny asked “what would you like to do today?”. I keep thinking that a picnic would be so fun so that’s what we decided to do.

We packed up a picnic lunch and drove over to some neat soccer fields by lake overholser and played Soccer for a while. Before we even broke a sweat I saw something out of the corner of my eye “look Kenny!! A chicken!!” Well….it turned out to be the most unique duck I’ve ever seen. All brown and spotty like a chicken. I guess it wanted to play soccer with us, because it never wanted to be too far away. I went back to the car and got some bread from our picnic lunch basket and brought the duck some food.
Then we went back to our Soccer fun and not too long later a little dog came to visit us. We decided to name him Piper ;) Well, he played a game of tag with our duck while we finished our Soccer fun. When we got ready to leave Piper was ready and wanting to come home with us ;)

We were starting to get hungry so we left the soccer fields and started driving around the lake to find a scenic spot for our picnic. We ate our lunch and then took a little walk along the water edge and took some pretty pictures.

It was such a nice day all sunny and warm. We are definitely enjoying these last few days of summer. I am so thankful for Kenny and our new family and the fun that we have.

No comments: