Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trying to be a big girl

I like to think of myself as becoming quite self reliant, but I'm realizing more and more everyday how I probably wouldn't make it without Kenny, Dad, Mom, my sisters and all my friends and family who help me out ALL THE TIME :D Not to mention the fact that God is ALWAYS watching out for me ;)

I'm usually pretty observant (or at least I like to think so) so I should have noticed this BEFORE I left home, but once I got to work on Monday morning I saw that the back drivers side tire on my car was VERY flat-ish. Not FLAT...yet, but flat-ish. Dad and I had discussed how it seem to be getting low recently and we planned to keep an eye on it.

I started stratigizing right then what my plan of action would be. Since it wasn't completely flat I was thinking I could make it to 7-11 and use the "free air" *grins* to fill it up enough to get me to Mom & Dad's for lunch. I hadn't ever used one of those air machines before, so this was step one to being a big girl.

Lunch time arrived and I treked out to 7-11 driving about 20 mph and disgruntling quite a few drivers :( I pulled by the machine, took the valve cap off and attempted to put some air in....nothing. I then noticed a small yellow button on the air machine and decided maybe I need to press this button.....(press button).....(no air).... Well, maybe I need to hold the button and put the air in....(hold button)....(stretch rediculously far towards the tire).....(no air).....my attempt to be an adult wasn't working out well thus far. I decided to go inside and ask if the machine was working. So I asked the attendant "Is your air compressor working?". He replied "hmmm, maybe I need to report that, you're the third person who's said that" :( boooo, my chance to handle things on my own was failing.
I then decided to try to drive about a mile to the next 7-11, surely their air compressor would work. So I pulled back onto the road and began to drive amidst shouts of "you've got a flat"...and honking. I tried to yell "I'm sorry" back, but I don't think they heard me. My tire was sounding pretty bad, so I decided it was time to pull over and call for backup ;)

I called the house and Mom answered and I was gulping back my tears "can Dad come and help me?" Of COURSE, he was there to my rescue in about five minutes. He jacked up the car and put on my spare tire and we made it home for lunch. If I would have tried a little harder to be an adult I probably could have changed that tire, and in my dress and heels none the less. :D

I think God was giving me a little reminder to be SO thankful for people who help me all the time! And now I have two new back tires for my car just in time for snow season ;)

After work Kenny's soccer team (the Titans) had their second game of the season. Kenny had said earlier that this was probably going to be their hardest game all season. When I got to the field the score was one to one. They were racing up and down the field and playing so hard, it was a really great game!

I love to hear Kenny talk to his team, encourage them and tell them what they're doing good and what they need to work on "This is OUR game, I know you guys can win this!"
Well, they rallied in the second half and came back to win four to one!! Great job guys!
It was sweet during the game several of the kiddo who weren't playing came and sat all around me and were just talking and asking about me and Kenny. :D

No comments: