Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Thoughtful Rainy Day....

I've just been thinking a lot lately that I'd like to have a sort of diary so I can keep the story of Kenny and Karen close to my mind and heart. I don't want to ever forget a single moment of this life that we're building. Years from now I'd like to be able to look back and smile and remember all the happy moments we share.

So....while the rain keeps coming down outside my office window I decided to create a blog ;)

We just celebrated Kenny's 27th birthday on Monday. What fun! I was exicted that in my card to him I got to say "Happy Birthday to My HUSBAND" for the VERY FIRST TIME!! He's so special and I am blessed and honored to be his wife.

Of course I wanted to give him the world for his birthday, but that's a little out of our budget for now, so I just got him a few small things. We went to the Zoo on Saturday morning and saw the new exhibit "Oklahoma Trails". How neat!! We loved the wide open space they now have for the bears! We also got to see a Bald Eagle and I got to see a Badger for the fist time ;)

Sunday we had a little party for Kenny at Mom and Dad's house. We had lunch and cake and just got to spend some time with the family. Always fun!

Then Monday was the REAL day! Kenny got home from school and soccer practice about seven o'clock. I had his gifts all waiting for him. He read the card first (I love that sentimental look that comes over him) then took a quick shower while I finished making Enchilladas for dinner (yummy!!). After dinner he opened his gifts. A new flashlight, Spiderwick Chronicles on DVD, Yahtzee (we love to play games, we're just kids at heart) and...... a brand new BIG FISH AQUARIUM! We're excited to get some fish in there! I know Kenny would really love to have a puppy or kitty, but the fish are a compromise for now ;)

No comments: