Friday, April 17, 2009

Baseball at the High School stadium!

Kenny's baseball team had another glorious game last night! This time the team played at US Grant High School stadium. Boy, let me tell you what! This field was the nicest one I've seen. It felt like a professional baseball field. The bases looked brand new and the dugouts and benches were all clean and fresh, I'm so glad those guys had a chance to play on such a nice field *grins*
Kenny used his tried and true 8th grade pitcher and he did a great job! They won ten to five! Each time they step up to bat I just pray and pray that the boys will have confidence and courage and they SURE did! There were a couple of REALLY strong hits w-a--a-a----yy out there in the outfield! So fun!
They are also really good at stealing bases! I get so nervous when I see them take off running, but it almost always turns out great!

A sweet older lady had to explain one play to me, *laughs* One of Kenny's players hit the ball way out past second base into the outfield. At which time the guy ON second base took off running towards third base. Well, turns out the ball that was hit WAY out was CAUGHT! Immediately everyone started yelling at the runner to "go BACK, GO BACK!" (go back to second base)

I didn't get it at all. I thought if the ball was hit, you take off running and SCORE! This older lady sweetly told me that if the ball is caught you have to go back to the base you were on, and if they tag the base and you're not on it, you're out TOO! No fair! (again, my poor sons someday are going to have to explain everything to momma)
The Titans were supposed to have another game tonight, but the storm clouds are rolling in and the forecasters are predicting quite a downpour. In fact, you can see in some of the pictures from yesterday the sky was already starting to cloud up!

Just two more games, next week, and the baseball season will be over! *sniff, sniff*
Julie came down from Missouri last night, so after the baseball game I went over to Mom and Dad's and got to hang out with Julie and Bryce, who was tent camping in the living room at Grandma and Grandpa's. We had a FUN time! Bryce had a huge air mattress in his tent and we were all three bouncing around in there and tickling *smiles*

No comments: