Friday, April 24, 2009

For it's one, two, three strikes you're out....

Yesterday was Kenny's last official baseball game of the season. *sniff, sniff* I'm really going to miss it! They have the championship tournament next week and I'm excited that they have a great chance of winning!! Unfortunately the weatherman is predicting a lot of rain next week, so they may not get to play at all, but we'll see *winks*

It was SooOOOOooooo windy yesterday, I'm sure I looked like Medusa for most of the game *laughs* This was one of my better moments...
This game was at John Marshall High School, a brand new school up on the North side. It was another really nice new field *smiles*

I don't know what the deal is with me and chain link fences, but I did notice that this field only has a shorty four foot fence around it. Most of the other baseball fields are completely encased in fifteen foot chain link, which is very safe, but hard to see through *laughs*

I only realised this about the shorty fence today when I was looking at my pictures...."hmmm it's so easy to see everyone". Looking back I'm glad I didn't get klunked in the head with a baseball *laughs*

See the shorty fence out there!

My little friend Abraham (from Soccer season) took this cute picture of "Coach Schell" *grins* Whew, they had another awesome game! There is a run rule that they can't score more than six runs per inning, and they were scoring six EVERY time! Great job guys!!

Look at this guy, talk about eye on the ball! He jumped back just in time to miss getting hit! Whew!
One neat-o thing that I noticed that Kenny's taught them is to really communicate when they're out there on the field. This is how they pass the word around that there are two outs (meaning they only need one more to end the inning!)
I was pretty excited to learn this little tid bit *winks*

I'm going to miss seeing these happy guys in the dug out!

1 comment:

Neil and Julie said...

lol you should write a children's book! Medusa and the shorty fence. Or Medusa goes to a Baseball game! There could be a whole series!