Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

OH what a glorious weekend we've had! I am feeling SO MUCH better! So glad to be back to my "normal" self *grins*

Saturday was one of the MOST beautiful days we've had in quite a while. It was sunny and warm and no wind at all, the perfect time to be outside.

When we had Kenny's car in to have the wheels aligned, Woody suggested that we replace the front shocks, one of them was leaking. He said he'd do it for about $180. Well, we declined for the moment and wanted to see if it was something we could do ourselves, with the help of my Dad, the expert of all things (especially cars) *smiles*

Dad said it would be an easy fix to replace the shocks, so Kenny and I bought two new front shocks and Dad and Kenny set to work replacing them. It was so fast, probably less than thirty minutes! Those boys are GOOD! I barely had time to take any pictures *grins*

Total cost, $41.62! That means we saved $140! Good for us! :)

After we got the shocks done Kenny and I stayed over at Dad and Mom's and relaxed and chatted with them out on their pretty deck, enjoying the flowers and sunshine, such fun! I even got to see our sweet friend Kay (from Kansas) who was down visiting Dad and Mom's neighbor, Aunt Lee. Kay is so fun, she's always excited to see us and hear all the "news" :) I want to be like that!

Saturday night The Rockets (our indoor soccer team) had another game. Do you know what!?! We won thirteen to one! Woo Hoo! It was the funnest game I've ever played in! They had me playing mid field this time which means a LOT of running around! Some of the highlights included Kenny scoring a great goal, and I did a fancy pass behind my back RIGHT TO Kenny.

Once again, dork that I am, I threw my hands in the air and squealed for joy right there in the middle of the field! *laughs* I haven't scored a goal yet, but I might just cartwheel off the field if that ever happens ;) I just LOVE the way the whole team cheers for each other and high fives and is so positive, it's really encouraging, especially to a newbie like me! Kenny's so cute too, bragging on me and calling me Soccer Star *blushes*

Sunday my family all got together at Dad and Moms for our Easter dinner. Uh Oh! Lori called at noon and THE BUG had hit her. Poor thing was sick! I sure hope she's feeling better by today!

It was cloudy, cool and rainy all day on Sunday, so Brycey had an indoor egg hunt in the living room. It was so fun to watch him, I was his official basket holder *grins* EVERY single time he spotted an egg he'd inhale with glee "aaahhhhh look at that!!!" Lisa thought he was going to hyperventilate *laughs*
Bryce and Kenny were buds for the day too! Kenny got to help him hunt some eggs and be a great flash card partner! Won't he be a GREAT Dad someday!
We had a yummy dinner of Roast, chicken, corn, rolls, and I brought deviled eggs and a brand new potato recipe that was pretty tasty! Then Lisa fixed us Brownie Fudge Sundaes for dessert!!

After dinner we had an awesome video conference with Neil and Julie all the way from Springfield! They have a video camera on their new laptop and Neil's Mom and Dad shared one with our Mom and Dad so we got to talk with them and see their sweet faces. What a neat Easter treat :)

No comments: