Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Rockin' Rockets!

Kenny and I (and The Rockets) had another fabulous indoor soccer match on Friday night! My Dad, Mom, Julie and Lori all came out to be our sweet cheerleaders *grins* They made some of the cutest encouraging signs cheering us on. Julie and Lori are SO creative!!
This was the very first soccer game Lori had ever seen! How fun! I of course was under a lot of pressure to be amazing *laughs* Kenny on the other hand didn't even have to try, he scored a goal in THE FIRST minute of the game! Wow-O-wow!!
I was running all over that soccer field, up and down, back and forth, darting too and fro! I tried to give my family a thumbs up as I was sailing by *laughs* I sure hope they saw it. I got body slammed, knocked to my knees, and jostled all about, but I was loving every moment!
I felt so sorry for the other team. They barely had enough players to form a whole team and absolutely NO substitutes! Man I would die out there if I didn't get a break every so often. Well, they played hard and a few more people showed up to help them out later on.
We were up eight to two towards the end of the second half. Kenny was encouraging me to press up close to the goal and score!!!

"Move up real close, you can do it!!"

Well, I didn't quite score, but OUR goal keeper came all the way up from the other end of the field and scored the final point! Woo Hoo! THAT was exciting! So, we continue "undefeated"!
After the game I went to Mom and Dads and had Ice Cream and a girls movie night with Mom, Julie and Lori! We watched a cute little old movie called The Major and The Minor.
The perfect ending to a great day!

No comments: